Happy Thursday! Hope everyone is staying warm because it’s freezing out! Today on the gram I saw so many beautiful places getting their first snow of the season and it was so beautiful! So far Sewanee has just seen colder weather but I’m holding out for a good snow after Thanksgiving because it’s always so beautiful! Winter is actually my favorite season! I love being cozy and winter style is always so chic!
If you haven’t already checked out my blog post with Skirt Society from Wednesday check it out here! It’s about finding beauty in brokenness and it’s a read I think everyone will benefit from!
So let’s jump right into today’s annual weekly blog post! I’m sharing all the details from last Sunday’s fall look and some of my favorite ways to stay chic in the winter months! I’m all about layering and below I’ll share my favorite ways to do it!
This Sunday best look was very trendy and I loved incorporating a tube top into it! It’s a fun way to spice up something you’ve already got in your closet, create a nice waistline and keep it fresh! I can’t wait to put it over a dress shirt next! I’m also loving this style of skirt this season because it really elevates a look + is a little bit warmer!
Trendy Chic Sunday Best
Skirt: Forever 21 (similar style here) | Black Tube Top: Target | Tissue Turtleneck: JCREW (similar style here) |Pointed Black Midi Boots: Dillard’s (similar style here) | Double-buckle belt: Amazon Fashion
Also obligatory shoutout to my roommate for taking all of my instagram pictures and blog pictures! 1998miss.com wouldn’t be the same without you!!! All in favor of her starting her blog say I!!!!!! (That should be everyone because she is the cutest!)
10 Stylish ways to layer this season!
- Add a cozy hat to your look!! Big knit is so in right now!
- Add a nice scarf that accents your gloves and hat!
- Colored tights are so in this season and are a great way to stay warm in dresses!
- Fun pantyhose! I’m all about the heart pattern, fishnet, floral and more! I just pulled all of mine out last week!
- Knee high boots! I’m actually loving these thigh high UGG’s here!
- Knee socks are such a cute way to stay warm with a skirt!
- Go monochromatic with lots of layers!
- Don’t be afraid to rock multiple layers of all black!
- Turtlenecks are classic by themselves or paired under a dress!
- Big cozy sweaters over dresses!!!
Just a reminder I post daily on Instagram, Thursday’s here on 1998miss.com and Tuesday’s on my youtube channel! You can click the link here to subscribe to my channel to get notified when I post!
Alexa Sue-Anne Dudley